ATRALIN (tretinoin) Gel, 0.05% Professional ISI
ATRALIN® (tretinoin) Gel 0.05% is a retinoid indicated for the topical treatment of acne vulgaris.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
- The skin of some patients may become dry, red, or exfoliated while using ATRALIN Gel and may require that patients temporarily reduce the amount or frequency of application, or discontinue use temporarily or altogether.
- ATRALIN Gel should not be used on eczematous or sunburned skin due to potential for severe irritation. To prevent aggravating the skin, patients should protect their skin from sun, tanning lights, extreme wind or cold, and harsh skincare products. Use of sunscreen products of at least SPF 15 and protectiveclothing over treated areas is recommended when exposure cannot be avoided.
- ATRALIN Gel should be used with caution in patients allergic to fish due to potential for allergenicity to fish protein; patients who develop pruritus or urticaria should contact their healthcare provider.
- The safety and efficacy of ATRALIN Gel in the treatment of other disorders, or in patients younger than 10 years of age, have not been established.
- The most common adverse reactions (incidence >5% vs placebo) were dry skin (16% vs 2%), peeling/scaling/flaking skin (12% vs 1%), skin burning sensation (8% vs 2%), and erythema (7% vs <1%). In some subjects the skin-related adverse reactions persist throughout the treatment period.